MakeHDR is a GPU accelerated OpenFX plug-in for merging multiple LDR images into a single HDRI.
v1.1 Release notes
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
- Merge up to 16 inputs with 8, 10 or 12 bit depth processing
- GPU acceleration with Nvidia CUDA solver
- User friendly logarithmic Tone Mapping controls within the tool
- Advanced controls such as Sampling rate and Smoothness
- Available at cross platform on Linux, MacOS and Windows
How to Install
Extract MakeHDR.ofx.bundle / MakeHDR_Pro.ofx.bundle to your system's default OFX_PLUGIN_PATH or where the environment variable is set to.
How to Use
- Create MakeHDR node within your DCC app.
- Connect your source images shot with multiple shutter speed up to 16 inputs.
- Fill the details of exposure times in seconds for appropriate inputs, i.e. for 1/250 shutter speed enter 0.004.
- Use CUDA solver: Enables GPU acceleration with Nvidia CUDA
- 1-16: Shutter speeds of corresponding source input in seconds
- exposure: Exposure aka f-stop offset
- gamma: Gamma correction
- highlights: Logarithmic highlights compensation
- input depth: 8, 10 or 12 bit input image processing.
- show samples: Show sample pixels for debugging purposes.
- sampling: Sampling count squared, 8 means 64 total samples.
- smoothness: Normalized smoothing of the response curve.
- log level: Log verbosity level of the node
- It has been tested on CentOS 7 compiled with GCC 4.8.5, MacOS 10.13 and Windows 10.
- Note that GPU acceleration requires Nvidia GPU and CUDA 11.0 runtime, therefore is not available on MacOS, however it still supports a CPU solver for non Nvidia cards.
MakeHDR OpenFX Plug-in